How can I get help?

We don’t provide direct support to victim/survivors. Below you will find a list of organisations and services that can help and provide support.

Emergency services

If you are in danger please call 999 the police emergency number immediately.

If you are not in immediate danger but would like to report a crime then you can do so via 101, the police non-emergency number.

If you are unable to call 999 you can text instead. More details on how to do this can be found here.

Find out more

National Domestic Abuse Helpline
If you would like to speak to someone to access practical and emotional support you can call The Freephone 24 Hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.

Local domestic abuse support

Women’s Aid – Live chat
Women’s Aid live chat service (now open from 8am to 6pm on weekdays / 10am to 6pm on weekends)

Northern Ireland: 0808 802 1414
Scotland: 0800 027 1234
Wales: 0808 8010 800

Find out more

Legal advice

Rights of Women – Advice
Rights of Women provide vital free and confidential legal advice to women on family law, criminal law, immigration law and employment law.

Find out more

Services for children experiencing abuse

Childline – Advice
Childline offers free, confidential advice and support whatever your worry, whenever you need help. Their helpline provides support to those 18 and under. Their helpline no. is 0800 1111.

Find out more

Services for men experiencing abuse

Men’s Advice Line – Advice
The men’s advice line provides emotional and practical support to male victims of violence. You can contact the helpline on their freephone helpline no. 0808 8010327. The helpline is open Monday to Friday 10am-8pm. You can also email them on

Find out more

Dyn Wales/Dyn Cymru – Advice
0808 801 0321 (for men in Wales experiencing domestic abuse) or for all queries, referrals and information

Find out more


Respect – Helpline
If you are worried that you are abusive, you can contact the free Respect helpline on 0808 802 4040.

Find out more
Exit site